Tuesday, January 23, 2018

quantum mechanics - What is more fundamental, fields or particles?


My confusion about quantum theory is twofold:



  1. I lack an adequate understanding of how the mathematics of quantum theory is supposed to correspond to phenomena in the physical world

  2. I still have an incomplete picture in my mind of how cause and effect relationships occur at the quantum level of reality.


This is why phenomena such as "entanglement" make absolutely no sense to me. So, in an attempt to come to some understanding of all of this, I would like to know that if what we conceptualize as a "field" is merely an interaction among particles, and particles themselves are actually fluctuations in "fields", then which comes first, particles or fields?





No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...