Monday, January 1, 2018

wordplay - "No Bake" Riddle



  • I'm quick, I'm easy

  • You can make me in a jiffy

  • I'm on a farm

  • I'm in your kitchen

  • I'm in the pasture

  • I lay, I rot, in more places then one

  • I'm smelly, but I'm also very tasty


  • I have nicknames but I prefer one

  • What am I?


Note- You may not recognize the nickname


Hint- Nice title, hey?



Answer



I've been steaming over this for a bit now, and I can come up with nothing other than:



A Cow pie; that being the pile of dung left by a cow, as well as a chocolately sweet (I'm familiar with the packaged candy from Baraboo, WI, but it also appears that there are "no-bake" cow pie/pile/patty recipes which popped after just searching those name variants).




I'm quick, I'm easy



No bake recipes are often less time consuming and involved, since no cooking is needed. It goes without saying that it's very easy for cows to make their pies.



You can make me in a jiffy



Again, with no time in the oven, those patties would be done in the time it takes them to set.



I'm on a farm
I'm in your kitchen

I'm in the pasture



Cows are on farms and roam the pastures, so this is where they leave their pies (Definitely Wisconsin...). And the kitchen is where you would make the confectionery variety.



I lay, I rot, in more places than one



Fields can be littered with pies.



I'm smelly, but I'm also very tasty




The cow's version is smelly, the chocolate is tasty.



I have nicknames but I prefer one



The origin is cow dung, but the cows' presentation of the dung likens it to a pie, a patty, or a pile (plus cow chips), which lead to us humans wanting chocolate in the same appetizing aesthetic. Lots of nicknames, but I think cow pie is most common.



What am I?



A cow pie/patty/pile/chip etc., of which the edible variety is a no bake treat, as the title hints. (The cow variety could be baked by the sun and then burned by settlers, but that's neither here nor there)




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...