Wednesday, April 25, 2018

newtonian mechanics - Can you change the combined center of gravity (COG) of the rider and bike if you move?



In a closed system, I know the rider wouldn't be able to change the combined center of gravity of the system by moving his weight around. If he pushes the bike to lean to the right, he would go to the left by the amount that would keep the combined cog the same.



But a bike with tires and a road under it is not a closed system, the tires wouldn't let the lower part of the bike left or right when tryingo to initiate lean. Does this mean it is possible to push with your bodies inertia to the bike, and the combined cog will be changed? I thing if you do so above the cog of the bike, you could, but I am not sure.


Edit: My question is not about if you can move the center of gravity of the bike at all. My question is about if can you change the combine cog of the system by moving around on the bike?


English is not my mother tongue, sorry for the confusion




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...