Sunday, January 6, 2019

string theory - About the general expression of trace anomaly and CFT partition functions


I have put up a question here, https://mathoverflow.net/questions/139685/proof-of-the-general-expression-for-anomaly-in-a-cft-and-its-partition-function


Here I am putting up a slightly different version of that question,





  • I think the statement is that for any dimensional CFT the following is true,


$$\langle T^{\mu}_\mu \rangle = \sum B_n I_n - 2(-1)^{d/2}AE_d,$$


where $E_d$ is the `"Euler density" and $I_n$ are the independent "Weyl invariants of weight $-d$".



(...I am not sure of the definition of the geometric quantities coming on the R.H.S and I wonder if the notion of the "Euler density" and ``Weyl invariants" are related to the ideas of the Weyl tensor and the Euler tensor..)






  • Also a similar sounding statement that I see is as in equation 15 (page 5) of http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/9806087


    One can see the stark similarity between that the equation referred to in the linked paper and the statement of trace anomaly that I have typed in the first bullet point.






I can't find a reference to the derivation of these results and/or the relationship between these statements. It would be great if someone can help with this.





No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...