Monday, May 21, 2018

IQ test sample patterns


I was solving the sample problems for my school's IQ society and there are some I don't get. Since all I get is a final score, I wanted to ask puzzling if someone might be able to make things clearer. For the problem that I've answered I'm writing down the answer and explanation below. I'm not sure if it's right though.


1 4 5 8


1



I believe the answer is C. For each column, move from top to bottom on each side (left/right) of the rectangle. If there are two occurrences of the black dot, it is cancelled out, so there's a blank in the bottom rectangle. If there's only one black dot, it is added to the bottom rectangle. So the right column is basically the same as the middle column apart from left/right being switched, hence the resulting image is the same.




Answer



Problem 1:




The answer is C. The last element in each row is made by drawing a point if only the 2 elements in the same position have no point, then rotating it 180 degrees.



Problem 4:



The answer is F. Same explanation in Problem 1, but it's rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise.



Problem 5:



The answer is A. The last element in each row is made firstly by rotating the center element in the row by 180 degrees, then subtracting the first and the middle. Blank - black = still blank.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...