Monday, May 21, 2018

Photons are faster than the speed of light because they travel in transversal waves?


This is my first time posting here, I am a school student who is just curious. So today I was wondering about how light works and how it travels, and this thought came to my mind:


Light is made of photons traveling in transversal waves, doesn't this mean that photons are moving in longer distances than light itself because photons don't move in a straight line, while taking the same time that light does to reach the same position, so does this mean that the speed of photons is actually greater than the speed of light?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...