Wednesday, January 23, 2019

language - Word connection squares!


This puzzle is in the spirit of Word connections, but is a more elaborate version of the same idea.


In each puzzle, you have a square of seven words of the following form:


A       B
C D E

F G

Each of the letters A-G represents a word, and each pair of adjacent words (AC, CF, CD, DE, BE, EG) forms a new, longer word. At the start you are given only A, B, F, and G; your task is to find D.




Square #1 (easier)


DATA            FACE
?? ?? ??
ROLL MARK

Square #2 (harder)



LOVE            BALD
?? ?? ??
SONG ROLL



I don't know whether these are uniquely solvable. I hope they are. If not, I'll add some kind of restriction.

All feedback welcome! It's my first puzzle of this sort.



Answer



Number 1 is:





DATA FACE
BANK NOTE BOOK
ROLL MARK

This puzzle reminds me of a game from a podcast I listen to wherein they connect movie titles. For example, Purple Rain Man = Purple Rain + Rain Man. Movie titles might make for an interesting themed variant of your puzzle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...