Friday, January 11, 2019

lateral thinking - Grandpa has another non math question


Grandpa says, " This is not algebra or may be it is!


IF



X = 2


R + C = 6


B + P = 5 or 6


Then



What is


I + T ?



There are, with my logic, three different answers!"



Answer



Here’s a thought...


X = 2



X is said like the word “ex” = 2 letters




R + C = 6



“are” plus “cee” (or “see” or “sea”) = 6



B + P = 5 or 6



“be” or “bee” plus “pee” (or “pea”) = 5 or 6



Thus, I + T =




Any of “I”, “ai”, “ay”, “aye” or “eye”, plus “tee” (or “tea”) = 4,5, or 6



for three solutions using the same logic, as requested.



... and “ti” would actually allow four answers, 3 4 5 or 6 :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...