Friday, January 11, 2019

word - My attempt at the world's shortest riddle: One rhyme, / Space, time



One rhyme,



Space, time.



(8-letters)


The above is my attempt at the world's shortest riddle.


EDIT - 23 Aug 2015


Here is my bid to get the riddle re-opened. Naturally to satisfy the community I have to add other constraints outside of the four words and this may make the riddle less likely to be the shortest. However, even if my riddle isn't the shortest, I'm still posing the question and looking for an answer.




  1. The answer is a single 8-letter word.





  2. The answer contains four vowels. It begins with a vowel and ends with a vowel.




  3. Each line of the riddle must individually and independently fit the answer.




  4. You must convincingly explain how the answer precisely fulfils the clues (in a normal riddlish fashion), possibly with the use of dictionary definitions.






Answer



My answer is



universe



One rhyme,



uni = one, verse = rhyme



Space, time.




The universe is all of space and time.



8-letters: Check.


The answer contains four vowels: Check.


It begins with a vowel and ends with a vowel: Check.


No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...