Tuesday, April 9, 2019

logical deduction - Out of six numbers in some order, we know third and fourth ranked numbers in every five out of the six numbers. Find the first



Out of six numbers 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 in some order, we know third and fourth ranked numbers in every five out of the six numbers. Find the first ranked in the order given.


for example, if the ranks were, 3 > 6 > 2 > 5 > 1 > 4



and you gave me 1,2,3,4 and 5, I'd say that third-ranked is 5 and fourth-ranked is 1. In the same way I'd give the third and fourth ranked out of any five given numbers.


How would one find the highest ranked out of all these numbers?(If it is possible at all) And in how many steps (one step is giving me one tuple of five numbers)? I'd also appreciate if one could suggest better tags for this.


EDIT:- also find the last (lowest) ranked out of all these numbers if possible




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...