Saturday, September 24, 2016

scattering - Nature of Cooper pairs


Some people say it is bound state, some say it is not. Which is more accurate? Problem is that I read in some books, including Ziman, that Cooper pairs are bound states but my teacher says that it is not true and that Bardeen had to explain it many times even to his peers.Now, i know that it has something to do with the resonance in scattering cross section...but oversimplifications with hand-waving about phonons that mediate interaction creating an attractive force and a bound state, like some kind of electron-electron molecule just make me angry. I know it is phonon mediated but it is not that simple, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...