Saturday, September 17, 2016

quantum mechanics - Wave/particle duality


Apologies if this has been asked before (I did check and I believe it wasn't). I have a question about the particle/wave duality of photons (or other particles). Depending on what and how we measure the photon turns out to be either a wave or a particle. Recently I saw some web page (and I can't remember where) that maybe neither is true. Both the wave perception and the particle perception are just that: perceptions, strengthened by our perhaps limited ability to observe. What if the reality of the photon is something else, something "on top" of our two perceptions?? Could someone direct me to a site that could tell me more about it (or maybe debunk the whole idea?)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...