Wednesday, March 13, 2019

quantum mechanics - Computer simulation of Schrödinger equation



I am looking for a computer program which simulates the Schrödinger equation (say for a single particle) in two dimensions and for potentials and initial states specified by the user. Typical situations I have in mind are the double slit experiment, harmonic oscillator, Aharonov–Bohm, tunneling effect etc. Unfortunately I was only able to find the one dimensional case on the web.


So are there some 2d programs available?


PS: I don't think my question is a duplicate of this one. I only ask about a single particle, not about thousands. On the other hand I want freedom in my choice of potential. Also I want a numeric solution of a PDE, while the other question is about (as far as I understand, which is not ver far) a Monte Carlo simulation. Anyway these are completely different requirements.





No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...