Monday, May 12, 2014

mass - How much force is required to lift the back of a 2,480 lb car in the air from the bumper?


I don't know the EXACT measurements, but I can closely guess that the bumper is about 18 inches from the ground, and the engine is in the front, yes(the engine is about 20 inches from the front bumper inside the hood, and about 23 inches centered between the hood on both sides). I don't know what the engine weighs, but the car's overall curb weight (whatever that means) is 2,480 lbs. Convert to any other weight measurements if you wish, but I'm most used to pounds.


I can assume you can easily find the specs of the size ... it's a Toyota Corolla 2002 blue SE limited-edition model.


Specs:


It is about fourteen feet and six inches long.



It is five feet and size inches wide from both doors on the front left to right seats.


The wheelbase is around eight feet.


The car is in total four feet and five inches from the floor to the roof in height.


I don't know if this question is relevant or meets the standards here, but I would really appreciate someone decent at physics and maths to help me find the weight here that is lifted from the back bumper's height, and the total force necessary to raise both wheels in the air about one inch.


Some have said that since there's shocks, the weight is favorable to the lifter somewhat, but to what degree I'm uncertain.


Any help would be greatly appreciated in your findings on this issue.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...