Wednesday, March 22, 2017

word - Teaset - A Teapot Riddle Variation


To solve this type of riddle you must find 2 or more words that are homonyms or homophones that have a different meaning, A.K.A. teapots, that belong to a related set or group. If you have any confusion it tends to make more sense after seeing an example so here is a past one done by me and here is one done by @AHKieran.


Good Luck!


My third word seemed to be giving people some difficulty so I added a couple words that should narrow people's thoughts more. Next time I'll make sure my clues don't lead to as many possible answers.






My first word's first teapot is number one


My second word's first teapot you'll find with a pirate on the run


My third word's first teapot famous fourth encloses the scene


My first word's second teapot is small and green


My second word's second teapot is a game with a mate


My third word's second teapot structurally is first-rate


What are all the words and how do they relate?




Hint for the set:



The words one, two and three,
All are a type of me.
But I am a teapot too you'll see.
My first is something insane.
My second often spread on something plain.
My third, the worst can be quite sensitive to pain

P.S. You don't have to identify/explain the teapots of the set. The set just happened to also have multiple meanings and this seemed like a good way to help guide people to the solution.






Added some more clues but had to change the order to make the rhyming work better in my head. Sorry if that causes any confusion.



Answer



First and Second answers from @Emma


First:



Pee/Pea - Number 1 / Small and Green



Second:



Chest/Chess - Pirate on the Run / Game with a Mate




Third:



Wall/Wall - as in the fourth wall for a movie/show scene / A solid structure



They relate in (from @AHKieran)



Each teapot is the prefix for a type of nut. Peanut, Chestnut, Walnut!



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...