Monday, April 24, 2017

forces - Homework about spinning top



I have a top of unknown mass that has a moment of inertia $I=4\times 10^{-7} kg \cdot m^2$. A string is wrapped around the top and pulls it so that its tension is kept at 5.57 N for a distance of .8 m.


Could somebody help me derive some equations to help with this? Or to get me in the right direction? I have been trying to derive some sort of equations from $E=\frac{I \cdot \omega ^{2}}{2}$ but I cant get anywhere without ending up at radius = radius or mass = mass.


I need the final angular velocity.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...