Tuesday, May 23, 2017

visual - My friend sent me a photo of his keyboard, but there's something I can't figure out about it


Two months ago, my friend bought a new Chromebook. He told me yesterday that while he is happy with the computer overall, he's not that impressed by the quality of the keyboard. My friend is an aspiring writer, and he spends hours a day writing English-language fiction.


Here's the text he sent me:



My only problem with this computer is that the paint on the letter key I press the most is already fading away!



Then, he sent me the following photo:


My friend's keyboard.


Now I'm confused. He writes in English, and as far as I know, he's not a big fan of alliteration. Why is his "d" key the one that wore out first?



Answer




Maybe your friend is using



the Dvorak keyboard layout



Because then the 'D' key:



would be used to type 'E', which is likely to be the most used letter in an English text.



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...