Sunday, February 24, 2019

enigmatic puzzle - Big game hunting on the continent


I once went on a hunting expedition for five years across Europe, searching for a wonderful trophy for my lodge. It was a wonderful experience. I started in Poland and moved to France, then went to England to meet with my 3 friends, Lee, Stuart and I forget the name of the last one. (He's a light little devil. You could throw him around without breaking a sweat) My favorite thing I found was a huge mass of fireflies, though I did manage to catch a glimpse of a tortoise. My greatest achievement was hunting three different big cats. The only issue is I have misplaced my trophies now, and I can't remember what they were. Can you tell me what they were?



Answer



I think you are referring to ...



.. World War II tanks.

The five year period probably refers to USA entering the war after the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.

Your friends were the M3 Stuart, M3 Lee and maybe the M22 Locust. You saw the Sherman Firefly and the Tortoise heavy assault tank. The 3 cats were probably the Panther, Tiger I and Tiger II (aka. King Tiger). There was also the Panzer VII Löwe (Lion) but according to Wikipedia it only existed on paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...