Friday, January 2, 2015

Why is current the same in a series circuit?


So I am a 10th grade student and my teacher told me that the current is the same at every point in a series circuit. It does split up in parallel circuit but it then recombines and the current flowing out of the battery is the same as the current flowing back into it.


My question is - Why does the current remain the same?


I mean let's say that there is a light bulb somewhere in a series circuit. Now, current(or electrical energy) will flow into it and then convert into light energy.



But if the amount of current flowing into the filament of the bulb = the amount of current flowing out of the filament and at the same time it is producing photons(light energy) [and some heat energy too] then aren't we creating energy ? Which is not possible.


I am really confused and can't seem to grasp this idea. Please help.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...