Sunday, May 10, 2015

quantum mechanics - How do we show that photons generated by a constant electric current are distributed according to a Poisson distribution?


I saw the answer sometimes ago in a book "Quantum Electronics" or similar title. I don't remember the author since I lost the book. The book sets ( I believe so ) a constant electric current $I$ in a cable along the $z$ axis. Then, after a long ( but not straightforward ) calculation it arrives to the result I mentioned above.


Edit: A possible analogous calculation that OP refered to, Klein-Gordon particles generated by a classical source: problem 4.1 in these notes(In fact a solution manual to Peskin and Schroeder). If this is not what OP refered to, please delete it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...