Friday, May 22, 2015

optics - How to optically rotate images in small increments (for eyeglasses)?


As the result of an accident, one or more nerves that control the rotation of my left eye were damaged. The result is that my left eye views the world rotated clockwise several degrees, compared to my normal (and dominant) right eye. I'm told that it is not possible to construct a lens that rotates images, other than a camera lens that inverts an image a fixed 180 degrees. Has anyone created a portable optical system that rotates images in small adjustable increments?


As shown in the attached image, the yellow line represents the plane of vision in my normal right eye, and the red line represents the rotated, or tilted, vision in my left eye.


As shown in the attached image, the yellow line represents the plane of vision in my normal right eye, and the red line represents the rotated, or tilted, vision in my left eye.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...