Monday, November 2, 2015

cosmology - Size of the Observable Universe



I wanted to know what the observable universe is so I was thinking and I thought, it must be age of the universe times 2.


Well I was wrong. I found on one website that it is 46B LY across in each direction. How does this make sense?


I get how the universe has expanded since then, but we should only be able to see light that is 13.7 billion LY old. Does this mean that the Universe is expanding faster than the speed of light? Or light from other objects is travelling to us faster than speed of light?





No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...