Monday, October 31, 2016

riddle - I have two faces, but show you one




I have two faces, but show you one.
I once had guests, but now have none.
I'm rarely bloody and seldom blue.
I'm often promised and sometimes new.



What am I?



Answer



You are:



THE MOON




I have two faces, but show you one.



The Moon has two faces in the sense that from our perspective it has a "dark side" or "far side" (which we never see) and the side which faces us - the oddity is that we have this relationship with the Moon.



I once had guests, but now have none.



This refers to the astronauts which have visited the Moon - there are currently no humans on the Moon - nor have there been for quite a while.



I'm rarely bloody and seldom blue.




This refers to the red and blue moons. These are rare phenomena c.f. "once in a blue moon"



I'm often promised and sometimes new.



The "new" moon is about the lunar cycles. Finally, one often "promises the moon" i.e. makes crazy promises.



Ideas:



Why not something about honey :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...