Saturday, October 22, 2016

riddle - My friend is quite silly




  • You can meet my small friend at -1.

  • You can meet my American friend at -2.

  • You can meet my very rare friend at -3.

  • One of my friends is quite silly.

  • One of my friends is very proud.

  • One of my friends is usually preferred warm, but the opposite is sometimes necessary.

  • One of my friends sometimes sits, but then bad things happen to him.


  • But do not be afraid or you might end up like my silly friend.



Who are we?



Answer



Your friends are:



different types of birds



You can meet my small friend at -1.

You can meet my American friend at -2.
You can meet my very rare friend at -3.



The first three hints are golf scores:
-1 = Birdie
-2 = Eagle (American Eagle)
-3 = Albatros (only 18 players managed to do this in the history of golf)



One of my friends is quite silly.
One of my friends is very proud.

One of my friends is usually preferred warm, but the opposite is sometimes necessary.
One of my friends sometimes sits, but then bad things happen to him.
But do not be afraid or you might end up like my silly friend.



The rest are idioms: Silly goose
Proud as a peacock
Turkey (preferred hot on Christmas, cold turkey is the opposite)
Sitting duck
If you're afraid, you might get goose bumps.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...