Thursday, February 9, 2017

optics - Calculate the distance between two points from iPhone Camera


I want to calculate the distance between two objects using an iPhone camera.


Suppose I'm standing with my iPhone 10 feet away from the objects. Now, I want to calculate the distance between those two objects.


Suppose these two objects are on a straight horizontal line. So, how can I calculate the distance between those two points?


I have only the one predefine value like 10 feet or 5 feet/meter which is the distance between camera and the object.


From the above information how can I calculate the distance between two point OR distance of maximum width of screen ?


Reference Android App: Speed Gun




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...