Sunday, February 26, 2017

orbital motion - Calculating true anomaly of a hyperbolic trajectory from time


I'm creating a simulation for orbiting bodies with my primary challenge being calculating the true anomaly of a trajectory with respect to time. I have figured out circular, elliptical, and parabolic orbits, but i'm struggling with hyperbolic.


Everything I have found in my searches provides equations relating true anomaly v, to hyperbolic anomaly F, but nothing to determine F on its own.


The closest i've found to a solution is from this site. With the equation But deriving a solution was a little beyond me.



Can anyone help me find or derive the equations to calculate the true anomaly of a hyperbolic trajectory with respect to time? Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...