Monday, September 18, 2017

mathematics - 4x7 rectangle divided into 7 different rectangles


Can you divide a 4x7 rectangle into 7 rectangles all of different area? Can you find multiple solutions?


Good luck!



P.S. @Deusovi wanted me to make puzzles that have an "aha moment", so here is my attempt at that.



Answer




For completeness, I found all the solutions with integer-sided rectangles. As already noted, with 7 areas totalling 28 you are constrained to use areas 1 through 7, and only areas 4 and 6 have two possible sizes. So running that through my solver I get 272 solutions (excluding rotations/reflections).



The solutions:



enter image description here



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...