Wednesday, January 2, 2019

soft question - Understanding Cherns-Simons-Witten Theory


I want to read about Wittens work, on Cherns-Simons theory, and relations to knots and jones polynomials. I am extremely motivated to read his paper: Quantum Field Theory and Jones polynomial.


What are the prerequisites in topology, geometry and QFT needed to understand this paper? I have good grasp of basic point-set topology concepts, and have read about manifolds(Nakahara). In QFT, I have just started QED. What do I need to study from each of these? As per my knowledge, I need some knot theory and cohomology(?), and quantum yang-mills theory. Is this correct? Also please provide references.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...