Monday, March 4, 2019

wordplay - A Very Hard Anti-Tyos Riddle



With two I am up and close


With three I am nine or eleven



With seven I help people in need


With all eight I am an honest person



What am I?


Here is an example of a Tyos Riddle: Link (No offense, Tyos, for the title :P)


At $50\cdot 2^\text{number of hints}$ views I will add a hint:


Hint #1:



I think this riddle is so hard you probably will never find the answer that satisfies all of the above requirements.




Hint #2:



This riddle's answer is an 8-character word whose first 2 characters correlate with the first line, first 3 characters correlate with the second line, and so on. Just like a Tyos Riddle.



Hint #3:



The first two letters is more of a prefix to a word than an actual word.




Answer



Is the answer a




Deceiver?



With two I am up and close



De means "down; away" according to google.



With three I am nine or eleven



Dec means "10"




With seven I help people in need



Deceive is when you hurt someone by tricking them



With all eight I am an honest person



Deceivers are not honest people.



And this solution makes sense because




Each line is a deceiving one.



If this is right, this riddle is pretty amazing :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...