Monday, July 14, 2014

Impossibility of time travel due to energy conservation?


I just watched the movie Terminator Genisys and started pondering time travel.


While pontificating and stretching my limited remembrance of AP Physics, science documentaries, and YouTube videos I remembered the laws of Conservation of Energy and Mass.


Would that not make time travel impossible? You can't send something elsewhere in time as you would be destroying energy and/or mass, by removing it from the current time. And it would be impossible to arrive elsewhere in time, as you would be creating energy and/or mass.


I know this is theoretical and a real answer can't be found till someone invents a time machine. I'm just curious as to what people think of that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...