Sunday, July 3, 2016

forces - What are fundamental dimensions used to describe the physical universe?



I have heard that the universe can be explained in terms of the four fundamental forces. I have also heard it can be explained in terms such as space, time, energy, mass or even motion. To further complicate things, I've been told that charge can be considered a fundamental aspect of our universe.


I'm not looking for a unified theory, but I would like to know what has been empirically observed and used as as a fundamental 'dimension' of the physical universe. Are there any more other than the 10 listed above?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...