Saturday, July 2, 2016

Lectures on experimental optics



I am a graduate student supervised by a computer scientist. We work on projects that require heavy experimental works on optics, for example a complicated self-built telescope, where many lenses, mirrors, a scientific camera, deformable mirrors so on have to be carefully aligned and tuned for best performance.


I have to do this alone. And I found it very difficult for me (my background is control; with little lab optics training).


There are few books about experimental optics. Also, in papers people do not detail on how they built (step by step) the device, but only show the results. And questions on experiments are relatively hard to both ask and get answered on websites such as StackExchange.


How may I learn to do lab optics in a quick and formal way? Any recommendations on lab optics?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...