Thursday, December 15, 2016

quantum mechanics - Does a normal torch emit entangled photons?


I was reading a sciencenews.org post about three photons being entangled. My question here is, why is the chance of producing an entangled pair once in a billion times? Isn't every particle produced in pairs, each of them being entangled to the other one formed in the pair? So shouldn't every photon that is produced, have an entangled photon? Why is the probability so low?


Shouldn't entanglement happen immediately during the production of the particle?


Note Since I am a little new to this topic, a little background of entanglement would be appreciated as I might be wrong in my conceptualization.





No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...