Thursday, December 29, 2016

riddle - Here is my family. Who am I?



My first child was a rebel. He is estranged from us.


My second used to be much closer to me, but we are losing touch.


My third is similar in temperament to my second, but smarter, although sometimes he lets my second persuade him into doing things for him.


My fourth is quite a snappy dresser, and is very popular.


My fifth is the strongest, and the most help around the home.



My sixth and seventh are quite similar, but my seventh is friendlier. My sixth and fifth don't get on well.


My eighth likes to keep an air of mystery about herself.


I keep my baby closest to me. He can be very temperamental.


What is my name?



PART ONE: Answer the question in the riddle above.


PART TWO: Explain how all the pieces of information (I count roughly 16 of them) fit in.


(I have a suspicion that the "Who am I?" might be guessed fairly quickly; the real challenge to this riddle is in explaining what all the different parts mean. There isn't any fluff and it does all mean something. Be sure to explain your answer fully!)


For your answer to be complete, you must complete both part one and part two.





Hint for part two:



This is a description of our family. All the descriptions of my children are talking about my children themselves, not strangers who share their names.





No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...