Monday, January 30, 2017

logical deduction - Infinite precision


The man tells you, "To enter the door of infinite precision, you must complete all of these tasks perfectly:



  • Hold in front of me a baby that is exactly two days old.

  • Bring me a metal object that weighs exactly one kilogram.*

  • Bring me a stone object that weighs exactly one pound.*

  • Bring me a glass containing something other than water that is exactly the same density as water.


  • Write all the digits of pi."


"I'm sorry", you say, "but that is impossible. I can complete four, but there is one I cannot do."


Which task can't you accomplish, and why?


(The explanation should state how you can do the other four tasks, as well).


Hint:



Keep in mind that this puzzle was spoken, not written down. This may help with one of the tasks.



*If you want to get technical (and I know some of you do), consider these objects with a mass of one kilogram and one pound.





No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...