Tuesday, January 31, 2017

optics - Why does the intensity of a LED change as the temperature increases


I am working with an array of LEDs and I am looking into how there properties change as they heat up. One of the things I found out is that the intensity of these the light decreases as the LEDs heat up. I knew that this would happen from the many reports I read on the internet about this, but I cant find a clear explaination on the internet for the theoretical background, one site talked about a reducion in the forward voltage, the other about an increase in the resistance of the P-N junction.


So I was wondering of anybody here could give me a clear explaination as to why the intensity of my LEDs decreases.


Thanks for taking the time to read my problem and I hope to see your awnser soon.
G.Wesseling


P.S. I am sorry for my english, its not my first language




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...