Wednesday, January 25, 2017

riddle - Add two more and you'll have me - Clue Thirteen


<---Previous clue




The light shuts off, and you are left in the dark - for a moment. Then you notice a glow coming from the tiled floor. You peer down to have a better look. In a 3x2 space, the six tiles say:



I'm essential to life
But maybe not quite.


This is number thirteen

But add two more and you'll have me.


I'm not bright
But I still have some light.


I don't have a lamb
But I am inside one.


If you follow my lure
You may need a cure.


I am red and white, but not blue.
Instead, I'm black and violet - scarlet too.




Each of letters is glowing slightly white, with a glass covering above the letters. Next to them, there is that familiar keyboard for the answer. You reach over it and type...




Next clue --->



Answer



Are you



Phosphorus?



I'm essential to life
But maybe not quite.




Phosphates are part of DNA and such



This is number thirteen
But add two more and you'll have me.



Phosphorus is 15 on the Periodic Table



I'm not bright
But I still have some light.




Phosphorescence is a glow, but usually not bright.



I don't have a lamb
But I am inside one.



Uraguay apparently bred glowing sheep



If you follow my lure
You may need a cure.




Phosphorus is poisonous



I am red and white, but not blue.
Instead, I'm black and violet - scarlet too.



Red and White are the most common Phosphorus allotropes, but violet black and scarlet also exist



Another hint:




The keys are glowing



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...