Wednesday, July 19, 2017

riddle - I can be good in a fight



If you are in me


My name on your breath



Will surely begin me


Yet end soon in death


I'll shock you when high


I'll please you when low


But fail to defend me


To jail you may go



What am I?


The answer is a single word. Please explain how it relates to each line.



Answer




The answer is:



Charge



If you are in me



If you are in charge...



My name on your breath




Shouting “Charge”...



Will surely begin me



Will start a charge...



Yet end soon in death



Which will not last long but will lead to deaths on one side or another.




I'll shock you when high



If the charge for something is too high, you’ll be unhappy. Alternatively a high electrical charge will provide a shock.



I'll please you when low



But if it’s lower than expected you’ll be pleased



But fail to defend me


To jail you may go




If you are in a criminal court on charges and fail to defend them, you may end up in jail.
An explosive charge can be good in a fight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...