Friday, July 21, 2017

riddle - I tend to forget things


I tend to forget things. The only thing that keeps my memories alive is dreaming. During the day I listen to all that is said to me, but in the evening I already forget it. But when I fall asleep all that I learned that day tries to make it to the surface of my conciousness in some enigmatic form. I will tell you my dream. Could you remind me what I forgot about today? Otherwise someone will certainly be mad at me tomorrow.


My drawing skills are not that good, but I will try to draw you some outlines of my dream. To make sure you understand it see the description below:


enter image description here


The question is: Could you remind me what I forgot about today?


Credit (but also a hint):



This puzzle was inspired by (the mechanics of) this great puzzle by Ankoganit.




Answer




I followed the riddle about the dragon and got a result of



'drAgN' (capitalised parts were described as larger and the o is the crushed 'hole').



I used a



Vigenere shift with that as a key using the order of lowercase uppercase and numbers provided by @M Oehm commented on the other answer.



This led to the following page:




https://i.stack.imgur.com/QHPzy.png



From there much of the labarynth is visible including the key



'd6AQ5'.



I then decrypted the door on the right at the start with that key and the key



('dream')




which I got from the hint that the key is



('what this is all about')



leading to a result of the page



(https://i.stack.imgur.com/R657h.png)



From the clue




(about going to 'his or her door':)



We know



(that they forgot about going to visit someone.)



From the clues



(about the shape of the puzzle and about the watch being stuck at 5pm:)




We know



(that they forgot about having tea with someone because 5pm is tea time and the puzzle is in a 'T' shape.)



From the clues



(about it being somwhere 'near you and my ant':)



We can get the word




('aunt'(by adding 'u' to 'ant'))



Putting it all together, we can work out that they have forgotten about their plans to



have tea with their aunt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...