Friday, September 8, 2017

riddle - Another four-liner: By myself I can be quite persuasive


By myself I can be quite persuasive.


With a letter out front, I'm powerful.



With two behind, you'd better act fast.


With three out front, I bring great suffering.


What is this strong word?



Answer



Again! This is starting to get eerie! The word is



URGE



By myself I can be quite persuasive.




Urges are certainly persuasive



With a letter out front, I'm powerful.



SURGE adds one letter and becomes a powerful force (e.g. power surge)



With two behind, you'd better act fast.



URGENT adds two letters to the back and becomes a force pushing you to move promptly.




With three out front, I bring great suffering.



SCOURGE adds three letters up front and becomes a plague/calamity that spreads suffering.



I have no related pun this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...