Thursday, August 30, 2018

riddle - Chewed, Wielded and Legendary - What am I?


    I have teeth, but can be chewed.


    I alone am worshipped, but those who wield me are too.


    I reside among legends, but a myth I am not.


What am I?


Edit: Huge apologies as I was using yield and not wield. I think that may have been what was throwing some people off.


Hint:



The one you would bite is not physically the same as the one you would wield.




Hint 2:



The concept of wielding is important - don't disregard it as other answers have.



Hint 3:



In the past I was worshiped symbolically not physically - but not in modern day




Answer




Second try since the 'yield' line was changed to 'wield':


You are searching for a...



Trident



I have teeth, but can be chewed.



The three spikes are the teeth, Trident chewing gum



I alone am worshipped, but those who wield me are too.




Its a precious weapon. And the god Poseidon is whorshipped.



I reside among legends, but a myth I am not.



Well a god might be a legend, but the item sure isn't



 
 
My first try, OLD ANSWER: I go with:




GOLD



I have teeth,



Gold grillz



but can be chewed.



Gold is a kinda easy to bend metal. So some people bite it, to see, if it's real Athletes chewing gold medal




I alone am worshipped, but those who yield me are too.



Gold digger



I reside among legends, but a myth I am not.



Funerary goods. Like in a Pharaoh's grave.



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...