Saturday, December 15, 2018

riddle - A James Bond Mystery


Inspired by @DEEM's amazing Grandpa Puzzles, I decided to make my own (ran out of ideas for the title so I just picked James Bond)




So, one day you meet the famous James Bond and since you are a huge fan, you asked him the things that he liked and didn't like. Surprisingly, he said this :



I like to lead, but I don't like the number 2


I like bears, but I don't like knights



I like to be mean, but for some odd reason, I don't like the sun


I like to lie to others, but I don't like to be frank



So, what is the reason behind his liking and disliking of random things?


Note :



Will give more examples as hints in the future




Answer



James Bond likes




Homographs



and dislikes



Homophones



Because



lead, bears, mean, lie - are all homographs, while 2 (to), knights (nights), sun (son) and frank (Frank) are homophones. Homographs have multiple meanings, and James Bond likes them because he doesn't like to be frank :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...