Thursday, September 17, 2015

classical mechanics - sending information over a wire--mechanically




Possible Duplicate:
Is it possible for information to be transmitted faster than light?




I've thought about this since I was a little kid. I know it isn't exactly feasible, but it still bothers me.


I hand you a really long wire, and we agree that "a long tug means 1, two short tugs mean 0", then you move off into the galaxy, a few light-years away from me. I proceed to give you information by tugging on the wire.


With a really tight wire, couldn't I talk to you faster than the speed of light?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...