Sunday, September 27, 2015

quantum field theory - Tachyon vertex operator (Polchinski's book)





  • I would like to know how does Polchinski in his book "derive" what is the "tachyon vertex operator" (..as say stated in equation 3.6.25, 6.2.11..) I can't locate a "derivation" of the fact that $:e^{ikX}:$ is the tachyon vertex operator.


    (..I understand that it follows from some application of the state-operator map but I can't put it together..)




  • And then what is the meaning of the ``higher vertex operators" - which are of the form of arbitrary number of either operators of the above kind or the derivatives of $X$ w.r.t either $z$ or $\bar{z}$. (..like in equation 6.2.18..)






No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...