Saturday, December 26, 2015

quantum mechanics - Why is wave function so important?


I am almost sure that the wave function is the most important figures in modern physics book. On the other hand I know that wave function even do not have a physical meaning it self alone!




  • Why is wave function so important?





  • How many types of wave function exist?




  • What means time and space coordinates inside of wave function? (I know how to find wave vector and angular frequency but I don't know how to find time and space coordinates.)




$$\Psi=\exp i({\bf {k}\cdot \bf {x}} -\omega t)$$




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...