Friday, August 25, 2017

Software Riddle


 This riddle is a computer program/language. Enjoy!



I used to love the Sun
Now I pray to my oracle
I'm said to virtualize all
I'm not picky, working anywhere...

I love my classes-all of them
I love my matter-known as objects
I love running parallel-too lazy to wait
Fans worldwide build and break with me!


My syntax-derived from a letter
many programmers found me familiar

I have nothing included-very greedy
And I must import all!



I want every line torn apart, as this is an easy one :)




Answer



You are



Java




I used to love the Sun
Now I pray to my oracle



Sun Microsystems used to be the standards keeper for the JRE and JDK; now Oracle Ltd. has inherited that role.



I'm said to virtualize all
I'm not picky, working anywhere...



All methods in Java classes are what C++ calls virtual by default, referring to the fact that they are dynamically bound. Java code is deployable across numerous operating systems and platforms, in numerous "flavours" (standard, micro, and enterprise). A great deal of firmware also runs on Java.




I love my classes-all of them
I love my matter-known as objects



Java OOP structure primitives are called classes, and all Java classes are a subclass of Object



I love running parallel-too lazy to wait
Fans worldwide build and break with me!



Java 5 and later come with a significant concurrency (i.e. parallel execution) API. Java enjoys a broad adoption in numerous platforms worldwide.




My syntax-derived from a letter
many programmers found me familiar



Java inherits much of its syntax from the programming language C.



I have nothing included-very greedy
And I must import all!



By default, without imports, a Java file only has access to other classes in its package and classes in java.lang.*, which is an incredibly sparse collection of objects such as boxing primitives, System interface methods, and some common exceptions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...