Thursday, August 24, 2017

Riley Riddle because you know you want to


Riley Riddle



My prefix is humble, my suffix is prime,


My infix assisted a Russian in crime,


I know all the secrets of this little town


And if you need me, just look around.



What am I?


Hint 1:




The second line has nothing to do with politics.



Hint 2:



The title of the puzzle is irrelevant to the solution.



Hint 3:



The "prefix" word is mostly used in UK.




The Super Final Very Last Hint:



The word itself is actually very small and simple, mundane even. No higher matters are involved. Think your typical friday night :)



Starting to doubt the quality of this one since it's taking quite some time to solve. Here is the Super Absolutely Very Much Final and Incredibly Last Hint:



The suffIX is Roman.




Answer




I think the answer is



Taxi



My prefix is humble,



Ta - short for "thank you" (British), a humble exclamation of gratitude.



my suffix is prime,




XI - 11 in Roman numerals, which is a prime number.



My infix assisted a Russian in crime,



Ax (Axe) - In Crime and Punishment, Raskolnikov kills his victim using an axe.



I know all the secrets of this little town



Taxi drivers are privy to all sorts of local secrets.




And if you need me, just look around.



Often in a busy town, you can easily flag a taxi down.



The Super Final Very Last Hint



Friday and Saturday night tend to be the busiest times for taxi drivers (in several countries) as people are transported to/from their favourite pubs and clubs throughout the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...