Sunday, August 20, 2017

wordplay - Help! I am infected with the puzzling bug!


Argh...I can't get this bug of puzzling off my head! It's really weird, and so annoying, you know...I can't help thinking about puzzles all the time. It's like... when I see a word, I think of anagrams...when I see tiled floors, I think of sudoku on them...when I see a door, I look for loose bricks or business cards...


What's worse, this bug is heavily affecting my brain. For example, today I found that I had written the following on my notebook: enter image description here


Text version:



This information technology simply never obeys the leaders. Nasal fluid begins a big ugly Indian mountain. A stupid person is the manager of codes. A locker is secure in heavy halogen. You are Eastern river in England.


Length: 2433423



Now I don't remember what it means, except that I've a feeling that the punctuations might be irrelevant. Maybe you people can help me out?





Sorry if the backstory sounds annoying or unnecessary; it originates in a chat post.


I don't claim any of the images to be my own.



Answer



This information technology



IT (ddef)



simply never obeys the leaders. Nasal fluid



SNOT ("leaders" of "simply never obeys the")




begins a big ugly Indian mountain.



ABU (beginnings of "a big ugly")



A stupid person is the manager of codes.



GIT (ddef)



A locker is secure




SAFE (ddef: locker, secure)



in heavy halogen



AT (ddef: astatine, in)



You are Eastern river in England.



URE (homophone)

OP Edit: the intended explanation was : U(You)+R(Are)+E(Eastern)=URE.



So the answer is



IT SNOT ABU GIT SAFE AT URE



or, more descriptively,



IT'S NOT A BUG - IT'S A FEATURE!




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...