Tuesday, July 30, 2019

cosmology - Why should I believe that matter does not expand along with the space between it



This question has been asked before under other guises. I am not a scientific profesional however i have some schooling in pyhsics and mathematics and have a keen interest in these subjects.


It seems plausible to me and was a thought i had my self many years ago whilst at college, that the universe could possibly be expanding from within itself. Ie matter and space were expanding at the same rate as each other.


I observe there is no relative distance increase between the objects i see on a day today basis and as such this type of expansion wouldn't change our perception of this relatively speaking. Everything we observe would remain the same and we would be unaware of the expansion..




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...