Monday, August 19, 2019

word problem - What Am I - Riddle Part 7


In one form I am very tall, in another, elegant
In one form I am happiness, in another, an eyesore

In one form I am metal, in another, paper
In one form Sasaki's lament, in another Greek ingenuity
In one form I am kung-fu, in another I am strong and static.


What am I?


As usual, please post your answer in spoiler tags. For bonus magical unicorn points, what does each line mean.


Hint:



Sasaki is the last name of a famous Japanese girl.




Answer





A crane?



  • The machine is tall, the animal, elegant

  • I’m not sure about happiness, but metal cranes are eyesores

  • Metal cranes, paper cranes

  • Sadako Sasaki

  • Surely there’s some kung-fu crane thing. Or maybe not. And again, the machine is strong and static – or maybe this refers to something else?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...